Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Winter WIshes

For this tutorial you will need the following:
Paint Shop Pro, I am using PSP X, you should be able to use any version.
Tube of choice, I am using the artwork of Keith Garvey, which you need a license to use. You can get it at PTE.
Scrap kit of choice. I am using a PTU kit, All Wrapped Up by Jen's Sweet Temptations.
SSCTemplate 20 by me, here.
Font of choice, I am using Sh*t Happens
Plugins: No outside plugins
Just remember that my choices of papers and elements is just a suggestion, change it up and make it yours! You don't have to follow mine exactly.
For the drop shadow in this tut I used 1, 1, 50, 5 black throughout unless otherwise noted.
Let's get started!
Open the template, change the canvas size to 650 x 650.
Delete the following layers, the top credits layer, circle 1, circle 4, circle 1 frame and circle 4 frame.
Rotate the other layers to the left by 45.
Fill each of the remaining layers with papers of your choice from the scrap kit by clicking on each layer with your magic wand, selections invert, copy and paste the paper, click delete on your keyboard and delete each of the original raster layers. Leave the top square layer for last.
I also added noise 100%, uniform and monochrome checked, on the two square frame layers. Add drop shadow to your liking as you go along.
When you fill the top square layer, leave selected, open your close up tube, copy and paste as a new layer, arrange in the square and click delete on your keyboard. Deselect, duplicate the tube, on the top layer, adjust blur, gaussian blur, 3. Change the blend mode to soft light. Change the blend mode on the original tube to Luminance(L), add a very light drop shadow. I used 1, 1, 15, 1 black.
Copy and paste your main tube as a new layer, add a drop shadow.
Add any elements you'd like. I used the following with drop shadows and if I resized them, the amount is beside it.
Bow 1, 30%
Snowman 1, 65%
Lantern, 30%
Mouse, 25%
Add a paper just above the white background layer. Open the mask, layers, new mask, from image. Find the mask in the drop down box, click ok. Delete the mask in the layer palette and merge group.
Crop, resize, add your name and copyright & credits as needed. On my name, I added noise at 50, uniform and monochrome checked and added a drop shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment