Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Ascension of Angels


For this tutorial you will need the following:

Paint Shop Pro, I am using PSP X, you should be able to use any version.

Tube of choice, I am using the artwork of  Michael Calandra, which you need a license to use.  At the time I got my tube, he was with MPT, but now he's with CDO.

Scrap kit of choice. I am using a PTU kit Ascension by Designs by Sarah that you can buy at Pimp My Tags With Scraps

Font of choice, I am using Beautiful ES

Mask: DBV Mask 111

Plugins: Xero Porcelain

Some things that are done over and over I am going to abbreviate as follows:
O/C/P = Open copy and paste an element or paper
C/S/I = Click inside with magic wand, selections, invert
C/S/M/E= Click inside with magic wand, selection, modify, expand

Just remember that my choices of papers and elements is just a suggestion, change it up and make it yours! You don't have to follow mine exactly.

Add a drop shadow of your choosing to tubes & elements throughout. I usually use 1, 1, 50, 5 unless otherwise noted.


Let's get started!

On each element after you get it resized and placed we will duplicate it, on the top copy adjust, blur, gaussian 3, change blend mode to soft light.
On the bottom copy apply Xero Porcelain with the default settings except set the blue to zero
I did not do this with the real see through type elements like the scatters, moon, sun, etc

Open a new canvas 750 x 750 with a white background

O/C/P frame 3 resize 75%
C/S/M/E 2 selections invert
O/C/P paper 8 selections, invert click delete on your keyboard and deselect

O/C/P  your tube, arrange in the middle area

Now for the elements:
O/C/P scatter 1 drag this layer to the bottom and arrange on the right
O/C/P moon 1, arrange on the right side just above scatter 1
O/C/P cloud 2, resize 75% arrange above the frames layer across the bottom
O/C/P sun arrange over top left of frame resize 80%
O/C/P halo resize by 20 then 80% arrange over your tube if your tube doesn't have a halo
O/C/P feather 1 resize 20% arrange on the bottom
You may want to duplicate and resize this and arrange them around the tube
O/C/P ribbon 5, resize 45% arrange on right side on frame

O/C/P paper 17 drag it down just above your white background
Apply your mask.

crop, resize
add your copyright and credits as needed
Add your name and save

No comments:

Post a Comment