Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Soft Sigh



For this tutorial you will need the following:

Paint Shop Pro, I am using PSP X, you should be able to use any version.

Tube of choice, I am using the artwork of Keith Garvey, which you need a license to use.  
He is now selling tubes independently, but at the time I got my tube he was with PTE, which is now closed.


Font of choice, I am using Scriptina. I set the stroke to 2 using the same #d28482 color on both foreground and background, then applied Gradient glow set on fat and white

Mask: of your choice. 
I am not listing mine because I have the mask on my computer but 
I can no longer find a site where her masks are located. 

Plugins: Alien Skin Eye Candy 4001 Gradient Glow



Just remember that my choices of papers and elements is just a suggestion, change it up and make it yours! You don't have to follow mine exactly.

Add a drop shadow of your choosing to tubes & elements throughout. I usually use 1, 1, 50, 5 unless otherwise noted.


Let's get started!

Open a new canvas 850 x 850 pixels with a white background.

Open element 2 (the frame) copy and paste as a new layer,
resize by 85%

Click inside it with your magic wand, selections, modify, expand 2
selections, invert
Open paper 4, copy and paste as a new layer,
arrange in the frame, click delete on your keyboard, leave selected.

Open your tube, arrange in the frame, click delete on your keyboard and deselect.
Change the blend mode on your tube to soft light, then duplicate it


Now we'll add some elements. Check my tag for placement.
I used the following:

Element 26, resize 60%, arrange on right, duplicate, mirror
Element 7, resize 70% arrange on left, duplicate, mirror
Element 37, resize 85%, raise it slightly higher toward the center
Element 14 -on right side
Element 39 - on right side
Element 29 - arrange on bottom, drag down slightly so it shows below other stuff,
drag the actual layer in the layer palette down below everything but the frame itself
Element 10, resize 80%, arrange on left side, drag the layer in the layer palette down below the 
other flowery stuff so it's just above the frame

Open your second tube, copy and paste as a new layer and arrange on the right side of the frame.

Add your mask if you are using one.

Crop and resize
Add your copyright and credits as needed
Add your text and save

No comments:

Post a Comment