Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

My Lady Vampire




For this tutorial you will need the following:

Paint Shop Pro, I am using PSP X, you should be able to use any version.

Tube of choice, I am using the artwork of Arthur Crowe, which you need a license to use.  

Scrap kit of choice. I am using My Lady Red, a kit that matches the tube I'm using. This kit is created by Creation by Sanie, and is available in Arthur's store

Font of choice, I am using Take Warning

Plugins: No outside plugins



Just remember that my choices of papers and elements is just a suggestion, change it up and make it yours! You don't have to follow mine exactly.

Add a drop shadow of your choosing to tubes & elements throughout. I usually use 1, 1, 50, 5 unless otherwise noted.


Let's get started!

Open a new canvas 850 x 850 pixels with a white background

open frame 3 copy and paste as a new layer resize 80%
click inside with your magic wand, selections, modify, expand 2, selections, invert
open paper1 copy and paste as a new layer, click delete on your keyboard
open your closeup tube, arrange in the frame, click delete on your keyboard
deselect, duplicate your tube. On the top layer, gaussian blur 3, change blend mode to soft light
on the bottom layer, change hue & saturation to 0
hide the white background, merge visible
duplicate and mirror
Copy and paste your main tube, resize 65%

Now we'll add our elements, you can check my tag for a better idea of where I placed them
creepy coffin arrange along the bottom left
Winged skull arrange across top left frame
smitten heart resize 55% arrange on the right, somewhat in the middle of the side of the frame
skull candle resize 65% arrange on bottom right
vampire lips  resize 45, rotate left 20 arrange in the middle
flamed skull resize 65% arrange behind coffin so it looks like it's peeking up from behind it
sparkles 3 arrange on right just above the frame, duplicate and mirror
spider resize 45% arrange on top left on the frame
blood 1, duplicate a few times arrange around edges of tag just above the white background layer

crop and resize
add your copyright and credits as needed
add your text and save

No comments:

Post a Comment