Pages

Friday, October 25, 2013

Autumn Days


and a preview of the kit I used:





For this tutorial you will need the following:

Paint Shop Pro, I am using PSP X, you should be able to use any version.

Tube of choice, I am using the artwork of  Verymany (Autumn) which you need a SATC license to use.  

Scrap kit of choice. I am using a PTU kit Autumn Beauty by Amy Marie 

Font of choice, I am using CAC Shishoni Brush

Plugins: Alien Skin Eye Candy 4000 Gradient Glow
I do use Eye Candy 4000 Gradient Glow on all my copyrights/credits layers
I do this because some forums will make a .png tag show up with a black background and then your
copyright doesn't show. 



Just remember that my choices of papers and elements is just a suggestion, change it up and make it yours! You don't have to follow mine exactly.

Add a drop shadow of your choosing to tubes & elements throughout. I usually use 1, 1, 50, 5 unless otherwise noted.


Let's get started!

Open a new canvas 850 x 850 pixels with a white background

open element 79 copy and paste as a new layer 
click inside with your magic wand, selections, modify, expand 2, selections, invert
open paper 5 copy and paste as a new layer, click delete on your keyboard

Open your tube, copy and paste as a new layer, resize 75% 
erase the bits that hang over the bottom of the frame
deselect

Now we'll add elements, you can check my tag for more exact idea of placement
element 32 resize 75% arrange across the frame bottom
element 105 resize 75% arrange above 32
element 18 resize 45% arrange so it's between the two grapevines
I pulled the vine layer on the right so that it was on top of the cone layer
element 50  resize 45% arrange on right, duplicate & mirror
drag the mirrored layer below the piece of wood that is across the bottom (element 32)
element 107 resize 38% arrange behind the flower and grape vines, slightly above the flower
element 37 arrange on the right, beneath the frame & paper, duplicate & mirror
element 93 arrange above the two clusters of yellow flowers
element 87 arrange above yellow flower clusters 
(and drag the actual layer below the flower layers), duplicate & mirror
I erased some of it that was sticking way up on the top and way out on the bottom
element 11 resize 60% arrange just above the frame on the left, duplicate & mirrorr
element 60 resize 40% arrange below frame, between leaf layers
element 118 resize 40% arrange above the leaves on the left, duplicate & mirror
element 119 resize 40 arrange under top left corner of frame

crop and resize
add your copyright and credits as needed
add your text and save

NOTE:
For my text I used #34110e for the foreground & background
and set my stroke at 1 to make it thicker
Then I used Gradient Glow set at 3 with the color #bf6300 and then added a drop shadow

No comments:

Post a Comment